Monday, December 15, 2008

yellow sticky notes


back in february of this year i acknowledged the debt i have to the post-it notes that help me hold together the many commitments, deadlines, ambitions, wishes, needs, plans, and obligations that define the surface of my life. the ubiquitous yellow sticky note can be found all over my desk, my filing cabinet, my students books, my texts, my reading, bulletin boards - everywhere that i am compelled to move on before something has happened or to remind me that something needs to happen. from the similarly consumed life of jeff chiba stearns comes this wonderful film featuring the yellow post-it note and all that it means to jeff.

"after realizing that yellow sticky notes, filled with "to do" lists, were consuming his life, director jeff chiba stearns decided to visually self-reflect on his own filmmaking journey by animating 2,300 of those same sticky notes. blending hand-drawn images and text with an original musical score by genevieve vincent, this "animation meditation" played in the official competition at the 2008 tribeca film festival."

"yellow sticky notes" . . .

No comments: