Saturday, July 10, 2010

each day

i come here
each day
to reclaim
and then create
a space
a place where you and i can think about something
of the human condition as i understand it


i haven't been sent by anyone or anything
but i do feel an imperative
a sort of sense of purpose that has less
to do with telling you stories
about my daily experience
as much as it has
to do with saying
that this is one way of knowing
and perhaps being
in relation to this extraordinary place

outside of the constraints of time
sometimes outside of the constraints of place


a very big thankyou to sid smith for pointing me in the direction of this music.

5 comments:

Elisabeth said...

this is my first blog comment, Steven, since I arrived back home last night. I'm almost scared to start again. But it's good to read your words again and this music is amazing. Almost surreal. About how I feel at the moment, jet lagged and mellow.

Noelle Clearwater said...

Hi Steven,
I loved your post today. I find that your blog is often just that, a refreshing perception of the world out of time and space, a place to meditate, regroup and find a new view of the horizon. I love the music. Thank you for your thoughtfulness in leaving these blogs for us in your absence. So kind.
Noelle

Pauline said...

"i come here
each day
to reclaim
and then create
a space
a place where you and i can think about something
of the human condition as i understand it"

what a marvelous morning meditation!

Butternut Squash said...

The space you share is a comfortable porch swing on a breezy day, with a glass of fresh lemonade and no pressing errands and pleasant conversation. I love it here.

Meri said...

Well said. Your words always intrigue me, give me something to think about. Thank you for that.